Etna tour summit craters from Taormina
Etna summit craters: An exciting experience awaits you!This exciting tour takes you to Etna’s summit craters: enjoy Europe’s most active volcano with MrExcursions! Our tours are professional and fun, but at the same time always put your safety above everything else. We offer unforgettable Etna tours and excursions to nature lovers, families, and to everybody who is interested in discovering the magical and stunning volcanic landscape. If you’re looking for a trip to light up your holiday, come with us the right to the summit of Etna’s craters! On the eastern coast of Sicily – a short journey from the Strait of Messina – lies Mt. Etna, the highest active volcano in Europe and UNESCO World Heritage. This tour will guide you through lava fields, spectacular views, and Etna’s breathtaking landscape. Our professional and experienced guides will bring you to Etna’s summit craters to see the volcano up close.
- Daily tour (availability all year round)
- No Advance Payment
- Duration tour: about 8 hours
- Price: 139.00 €
- Spoken languages:
- Professional guide
- Technical equipment (caving helmets and walking sticks)
- Etna cableway and Unimog
- Pick up at your host facility
What to bring
- We recommend layered clothing, anorak, and hiking shoes.
About 7:30 to 8 00 AM
Our driver will come to pick you up at your accommodation or at the established meeting point.
About 9:30 AM
Stop at the Sapienza refuge and start the ascent
- We will start to climb the volcano at the Rifugio Sapienza at 1900 meters We will take the funicular railway and reach an altitude of 2900 meters accompanied by professional volcanological guides.
About 9:30 to 11:30 AM
Climb to the top of the volcano
- We will start a 2-hour trek up to 3300 meters walking over lava flows, going up an incline of about 36 degrees. According to the volcano’s activities and the wind, the guide will let you look closely at the summit craters.
About 11.30 AM to 2.00 PM
Descent with panoramic views
Going downhill with a panoramic view From the top, we will go down having before our eyes the amazing view of the lava flows and eruptions that have taken place during the last years.
From 2:00 to 3:00 PM
Lavic tunnels and funicular railway
After making several stops to visit lavic tunnels, we will arrive at the funicular railway at 2500 meters. From here we can either take the funicular railway to arrive at 1900 meters and then walk (this will take around 4 hours), or walk along with the Valle del Bove, this route is longer and will take 1-2 hours more (for a total of 4-6 hours).
About 4:00 PM
End of the excursion
We will bring you back to your accommodation or at the established meeting point.
Send your reservation request
Follow our social pages
You might also be interested in ...
Duration tour: about 5 hours
Duration tour: about 7 hours
Duration tour: about 8 hours